Finding out how to change the domain name in Godaddy can sometimes be complicated. Changing your existing domain name to another one is very important but not uncommon.
Therefore, before moving on to the method of changing the domain name, let us be aware of the differences between the domain and the website in order to avoid any confusion.
How to change domain name on GoDaddy?
You can change the domain name of your website only when its web hosting belongs to GoDaddy. In that case, when the domain belongs to GoDaddy, the website belongs to another hosting provider, you need to switch from the web hosting account. Follow these steps to learn how to change domain names in a Godaddy account:
Step by Step How to Change Domain Name on Godaddy
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Make sure your screen opens the My Products page.
- Go to account settings.
- Select business information.
- Select the Domain Change link.
- Choose one of two:
- Select from my domain to use previously registered domains.
- Select Create a subdomain to add a subdomain.
Website vs. Domain Step by Step
Technically, you need to create a website first. You can take the example of a house with different parts. This house is identified by its location which is the domain and the house itself is the website.
Domain is the web address of the World Wide Web that identifies your websites. As such you have an address at home. These addresses specify the location of your home and distinguish it from other homes. Such as we have house number, colony, city and zip code, domain extensions and other parts (TLD, SLD and subdomain).
Is it possible to change the domain name?
It is not possible to change the existing domain name. It goes on sale when its active plan expires. You may not edit or modify the domain purchased or purchased in any way.
If you want another domain, you need to make a purchase.
How do I change the domain name of my website?
Yes, it is possible to change the domain name of your website. First you need to buy a new domain and change it from your web hosting account. Visitors are advised to redirect from the old domain to the new one to avoid losing traffic.
Even if it is not possible to change the name of the owned domain, you can always buy a new one and put it on your website address for the desired change.
Website Builder: How To Change Your Website Domain Name 2021
- Sign in to your hosting account.
- Go to Domain Control Panel settings.
- Select the Website Builder icon.
- Click on the given option to change the domain name next to the current name. A drop down will appear.
- Select Domain Change. On the pop-up screen, select Select your domain.
- Enter the new domain name of your choice. Check availability. Select Apply.
- Make further changes to the Website Builder editor that will open.
Click Save and Publish.
How to change the domain name on Godaddy : 301 How to set the redirect page
- Sign in to your domain and web hosting account.
- Go to cPanel to go to domain settings.
- Select the red command from the menu.
- Enter the old web address and the new web address for redirection accordingly
- Click Add this redirect.
- Go back to the home page.
- Check that your redirect page has been saved successfully.